View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
WanderingWeasel

Jaykay: How much are you looking for on that one? Is it grindy on cold? I'd heard the super short shifter can cause that while the 9x7 one will reduce it oddly.

The trans fluid was a must as soon as I bought it but it got a new tranny under warranty for second gear grind at 40k so it was fairly fresh.

Jakeru: I've actually driven a 986 with a GT3 shifter in it. Has a much more mechanical feel than the base 997 shifter. Throw is identical but it feels oddly like a rifle bolt if that makes sense.

I would honestly consider fitting those bushing on my 9x7 shifter when I get it. Thanks for the link! I think the feel is more than worth it at 65 bucks.

After a bit more research, I found the part number for the 987 5 speed shifter is the same as the 997 shifter 6 speed so we're golden there! There was a typo on the listing and it had this part number 99742401004 instead of this one 99742401000 (which was the number on the shifter itself when I went to look at them. One of the Porsche dismantlers is right here in ABQ!

My time off this winter is going to be booked between the 987 intake conversion, one set of cats being removed, and changing out the shifter.

Thanks for the info everyone!
WanderingWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote