View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #16
mach schnell

eslai - yeah, there's just no good reason for us to have three cars right now - the $$$ in car payment/insurance on the extra vehicle could be used for so many other worthwhile and fun things. when i jumped on the 987 purchase, i moved a bit ahead of schedule. hoehn completely low-balled me on the VW as a trade, so i decided to sell it on my own, but i think i over-estimated the market for this car with so many modifications. i just really don't want to have the hassle of trying to sell the beetle (and keep paying for it) while at the same time trying to manage my new 100 hr/wk schedule, remembering everything i learned in med school and still trying to have some kind of social life and oh, yeah, get some sleep somewhere in there. selling the car at a loss and paying the difference - maybe it's lazy, but just seems if I'm gonna do that, then i might as well throw the boxster into the equation and use its equity to defray the loss and still end up driving something that's of decent caliber. (i have somebody looking for an 04 M3 for me right now)

rondog - its not the vibration that has soured me - dealing with Walter's is pretty lack-luster and that's what has me bothered - too far to go to Desert Imports, Rusnak or back to Hoehn to deal with service issues on a regular basis - but Walter's definitely has scored an F in my book at this time! i take no offense on the "picky" comment - i think we all have the right to expect superior quality - we paid for it!

btw, to all - i think the WRX is out of the equation - although i could probably land one fully loaded (including many of the additional performance parts) it's the thought of going from Box to WRX that is just way to convoluted!!!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote