View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:07 AM   #6
dreamboatannie

Back up story

Looking for some troubleshooting support on a 1999 Boxster equipped with 5 speed, M535 Alarm, M537 Seat Memory, M659 Onboard Computer, Auto Climate Control.

I replaced the turn signal stalk assembly about a year ago and didn’t get the airbag sensor lead snapped back into place, it bounced off and the airbag light came on a couple of days later.

Finally ordered the Durametric software and it cannot see anything except the ECU and Alarm Control Unit.

I do understand there are two data busses on the car with the ECU and Alarm unit are on the K1 bus and the other units are on the K2 bus.

I’m not even sure what modules you can even talk to on the 1999. Anyone have any info about the Instrument Panel, ABS, Airbag, Air Cond, & Seat Memory modules.

Short Test Results
Bosch Digital Motor Electronics Motronic 5.2.2
No Faults Found
ABS/PSM 5.3
Blank
Airbag B05
No Faults Found, but light is on
Automatic Air Conditioning H01
Blank
Alarm I32
No Faults Found
Seat Memory
No Faults Found
Instrument Cluster K01-K03
No Faults Found

When I try to connect to an individual module, only the ECU and Alarm show connections and part numbers, everything else shows it cannot connect…………

Communications Error Unable to connect to this module.
This may not be an indication of a problem if the car is not equiped with this control module.

My question is, does anyone have any good troubleshooting ideas? I have worked in electronics my entire life and know one of the units might be bad and screwing up the bus data. I’m not sure if they are serial data busses with one unit looping thru the next or all the units just sit on the bus and talk when addressed. My only thoughts are to pull the other modules off, except the airbag unit and see if I can talk to it…...
dreamboatannie is offline   Reply With Quote