View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 03:01 AM   #19
boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby View Post
The demand for the dual row version of the IMS Solution was finally great enough to make a run of them to be distributed.

Yes, we have been installing them here at Flat 6 for a while now. The site still says they are not available, because they are not outside my facility, YET. Distributors are still getting the pieces in their systems, and they should start getting units into inventory by summer 2016.

The ONLY reason the dual row version was not produced, was demand from distributors who felt the older cars would not be worth the expense. After 3 years of IMS Solution sales, that changed, and the distributors started asking for the units, because they had more demand for it. Newer owners of the older cars have been the driving force behind this.

BTW- All Classic single row IMSBs from LN are a 50K mile product. The Classic Dual row, and the single row pro (dual row that fits in the single row shaft) are both 75K mile items.

The IMS Solution has a lifetime expectancy, as it has only one moving component, eliminating at least 11 other wear components from the IMSB.
On your website it says that its either 75k miles or 6 years for the dual row. As I said before,I dont think ill be doing 75k miles in the car in my lifetime,since u dont use it much! Will it have to be something I will have to change every six years, even though the bearing might have 20 k miles on it? Do the bearings also suffer like the original ones on so called garage queens?
boxster is offline   Reply With Quote