View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Dr Feelgood

997 GT3 front end conversion and rear widebody

I have been doing a lot of research into this and can't seem to find much up to date information. Most pictures and links are broken. I have a 2004 Boxster S. I want to know if anyone has used any of the available conversion "kits" or has any experience with them. I am not talking about taking a factory 997 bumper and modding it to fit my 986. There kits are available online from part stores and Ebay. Some seem to be made by Duraflex and the others and not really clear as to the manufacturer.

The first part is the front end conversion. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

http://www.bodykitz.com/images/EDextraimages/99_996997gt3rsconversioncomplete.jpg

This requires 997 headlights and turn signals. Does anyone know how this wires up or what wiring modification is needed? Also, I have factory xenon headlights, would I have to find xenon 997 headlights to replace them?

There is another bumper I am considering that is made by Precision Porsche that reuses the factory headlight and only adds the 997 turn signals (and yes I do know that there is another bumper available where this is deleted but I don't like the look of it as much.) Anyone have experience with this or how these are added to the wiring? Here is a picture:

http://precision911.com/imager.php?upfile=/home/precisio/public_html/pics/1237826804_1296703279.JPG&max_height=600&max_width=800

As for the rear end conversion, wide body conversion, this is specifically a Precision Porsche part and I'll get some information from them but I would like to know if anyone has done it and if they have any comments about it. Did you have to use spacers for the rear wheels?

Any info or pictures on this is appreciated. There just seem to be a lot of little details missing online. And yes I plan on taking this to a shop and having it painted and installed. And yes I realize that there will be some modding needed to get everything to fit right. And yes I realize this is expensive.
Dr Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote