View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
papasmurf

Glass window on convertible top shattered...

I woke up this morning to head to church and found the rear window shattered on my boxster. I parked the car in the garage last night after driving home and am 99% sure there was no existing damage beforehand. There is a garage door opener in my other vehicle outside so conceivably someone could have opened the garage to smash the window overnight but figured it would have been something I would have heard and/or the dog would have alerted me. As far as I can tell there is no other damage to the car or and nothing was damaged or taken from the garage that I noticed which leads me to believe it shattered for some hard to explain reason or that perhaps something fell off the garage door (bolt or nut) and hit the window to shatter it. I have been unable to find anything like that yet and there is no damage to the body of the car from something falling either? Has anyone just had one of these things shatter randomly? FWIW it is a GAHH/Robbins replacement top that has been on the car about two years without issue. The only thing I can think of that I did differently is that I used the rear window defroster for the first time that I can remember on the 20minute ride home. Temp was not that cold outside but the humidity was high. I am not sure what I dread more...paying for a new top or having to install it again.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote