View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschekid
Damn, even when you are asking for help you come across as arrogant. I know you have posted alot of help to other users and shared your vast knowledge around here but there is no reason to sound so arrogant all of the time. I hate to call someone out on this but eventually you have to call a spade a spade.
Now i'm not trying to stir things up here... I just feel like the friendly "post what's on your mind" atmosphere starts to get lost when people post like they are above everyone else. I know this isn't the first time someone has said something like this about your posts.
Toolpants is very knowledgable and helps alot of people on this site and I haven't once felt he was trying to belittle someone with his answers.
Hi,

I'm sorry you think I came across as arrogant, you are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I with respect to your RUDENESS! The impression people have about me is just that, their impression. I have found that some often key in on a single phrase, or take something out of context, without considering my post in sum before criticizing my contributions, such as you've done here. Maybe you're just trying to boost your rep by Hi-Jacking the thread and slamming someone else...hmmm....??

I have NEVER called anyone Stupid or otherwise Belittled anyone because of what they may or may not know about their Cars or Cars in general, despite what you may rightly or wrongly percieve. I have not ever initiated any direct confrontation with another Forum Member. I'm certain however, that you cannot make the same claim.

But, to get back on point, in the context of this post, the reason I wanted to hear from someone who had SPECIFIC knowledge of the AirBag nomenclature is that these are very dangerous. You essentially have a controlled explosive device. And, I would be working on it in an inverted position which means that instead of having a Balloon popping in my face merely scaring the ******************** out of me, I'd have a goodly sized chunk of Aluminum and Steel flying up in my face were it to discharge.

Excuse me if I am hesitant to undertake this if I didn't have to, or merely on the basis of someone's speculation. This is why I was more direct than you appear to like, because I was looking for SPECIFIC information upon which to act, not someone's opinion or speculation. No apologies. If you don't like my contributions here, then don't add me to your Buddy List and ignore my posts, simple as that. I guarantee that I won't be staying up nights worrying about it.

Agreed, ToolPants is extremely knowledgeable (much more than I) and I trust his opinion. Yours on the other hand...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 05-25-2006 at 01:59 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote