View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 06:13 AM   #10
jpc763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I have a E36 that does the "Needle Bounce" on converted HID ballasts.....I am in no way putting down or targeting Fred's products....just offering a easy solution to a condition that occurs in lots of automobiles
I was not taking it as a put down on Fred's products. I love the HID's!

I was just trying to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

For those in the know, are the ballast's on the Pelican HID upgrade (Fred's) the same as the ballast on the 1st generation?

I ask because I had a complete blackout last night. I turned on the lights in the garage and left the house. About half way to my destination the lights went totally out and then restarted. These are Gen 1 of Fred's design, they were installed by someone else and I purchased them as a complete light set from another member. I have no idea of the quality of the install and did not open them up to look at the ballasts. I do have some experience with high voltage lighting for saltwater fish tanks (Metal Halide) so do understand that there are a lot of parameters in a high voltage lighting ballast.

Now that I think about it, both lights went off at the same time and they are independent systems so maybe it is the switch?

John

Last edited by jpc763; 10-28-2015 at 06:23 AM.
jpc763 is offline   Reply With Quote