View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #19
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogans7
I also agree with 'Lap about investing the money in a Porter Cable. The device makes applying and/or removing cleaners, sealants and wax quite easy. Besides, you can also use it when you need anything perfectly sanded. The Boxster is a small car and you can really give your car a beautiful - and protective - shine is just a few hours. Once you do it, you'll realize it's too much fun to outsource.
Even with an orbital buffer my wrists end up hurting--bad wrists and joints from typing on a keyboard all day.

I also find that buffers waste a lot of product either from slinging it around or just soaking it up in the pads. But by far the most annoying thing for me is that you need to mask off all the trim on the car so it doesn't get on everything and even then you still have to do fine detailing around edges and hard-to-reach spots.

I gave up on buffers because of all this--the big sweeping expanses of sheet metal aren't the hard part about polishing/waxing a car--it's all the little details that make the job a pain in the ass.