View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #10
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastta View Post
Pulling in the garage after back to back sessions - wife did the first and I went right after. Turned off car, smelled faint smell of coolant - remnants I guess because it's full of water - looked under car and water was coming out from the side where the coolant tank is. Opened trunk and noticed water on the upper end and around the area of the tank. Lost a fair amount of water. This happened once before but at a much smaller scale - which is what prompted me to change the cap. Hasn't happened in over a year though.

Could this be the valve that is in on top of the tank? Any idea what caused it? I haven't looked for cracks or leaks - but I did fill it and there wasn't any water coming out. Coolant temp was around 192 when it happened.

Any help would be appreciated.
Once you come off full power & slow down hopefully you get a cool down lap, when you come into the pits allow the car to idle for a minute or two before shutting off the engine.