View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #7
Escy

I have considered the 987 3.2 box but they are harder to source and more expensive, plus i'm not sure how much work it'll take to fit into a 986.

That's a photo of my G86.20 (6 speed Boxster S) transmission with the Audi 2.7 Spacer plate fitted. There are 5 bolt holes which line up and both dowel holes line up (only one can have a bolt through it)

The other problem is there is no vehicle speed sensor on the diff housing (I assume the Boxster S uses the ABS sensors to generate it but i've not looked into it yet) and there is no mounting hole for the crank timing sensor on the flywheel sensor (that shouldn't be too hard to sort). The other problem is the starter motor location is in the wrong place, i'd need to notch the casing to fit it (it doesn't protrude that far into the bell housing.) Also, the Audi clutch plate won't fit the input shaft, not really an issue as both plates are 240mm but finding an off the shelf clutch plate that'll hold 500bhp might not be easy.

None of these issues are enough to stop me using the 6 speed but when the 5 speed bolts right up to the engine and has provisions for the sensors I might be making things more difficult than they need to be. That's if it can handle the power.
Escy is offline   Reply With Quote