Thread: sad day
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #9
joecal

Quote:
Originally Posted by m332is View Post
I gave her one last bath, pulled out the car cover, connected the battery tender, pumped up the tires and put the 2001 986 S away for the winter. I used the car this past summer more than any other year and still only put a couple/few thousand miles on it. almost 15 years old and it just rolled over 30K miles. Every fall when I put it away I think about selling it... then in the spring I can't wait to pull it out. This year I need you guys to talk me out of selling it... hope it's not another long winter!

Vince
That's a low mileage car! I feel the same way with some of the cars I've sold in the past, until you drive it again as you mentioned in the spring. I'm sure you would regret selling it come next spring. I think we need to move to a warmer climate. I remember when I was around 21 years old I bought a 1974 Triumph TR6 in 1976 and that was my daily driver, that was pretty bad in snow. I sold my 396ci 4 speed 1971 El Camino to buy it, now that car was bad in snow until I put snow tires on it. I wish I would have kept that one. I guess we're pretty spoiled now with front, 4 wheel, or all wheel drive cars.
joecal is offline   Reply With Quote