View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #9
joecal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I wouldn't get glass just because of the reduction in work space. No doubt it would better.
My roof is like brand new so it seems silly to replace. Oh, plus 101 has it at a five (or something) wrench job, which is above my current ability by 4 wrenches. I was thinking about taking out the old and somehow velcro ing from the inside a new stiff piece of plastic that I can pull out when top is going down. Just a thought, not sure if even possible but it seems dumb to put a new one on just to bend when closing.
Thanks.
There's a video on youtube where a guy replaced his back window and it was a big job. You could have it professionally done but it probably would be cost prohibitive. I replaced mine with a German canvas one with the plastic window and paid around $390.00 with free shipping from Convertible Top Replacements | Auto Tops Direct Car Tops I think the price went up around $20.00, but I just bought it about 2 months ago. It was a bit of work but not to bad, and my skills are probably average. I was quoted $750.00 for labor from a local shop, so I saved that expense. I just drive my car in nice weather so I usually have the top down, another reason I went with the plastic window, but the glass one was only about $160.00 more.

Last edited by joecal; 10-19-2015 at 03:24 PM.
joecal is offline   Reply With Quote