View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #18
cfos

Bought my 2006 987 new and paid... maybe $35 in repairs (new bulb for tail light). Granted, I purchased a set of wheels and snow tires, and had annual service at the dealership. In my new 2009 997.2S, I had several check engine lights (first model with pdk), but I don't think I paid more anything other than snow tires and annual service. During my ownership, I also had a battery failure, but the dealer provided me a new one at no cost (out of warranty). Both of those cars were DDs. I had the 987 for 3+ years, the 997.2S for 4+ years. Bought a new Box in 2k13, had one service issue (iPod charger interface fell and need minor adjustment). No cost, other than annual service, and a tire repair.

While there are "horror stories", I'm sure, I don't know that you can compare them with the "newer" cars. I don't have, nor have I ever felt I needed, a "fund" for repairs. But, I've bought new and often traded in just after warranty expires. Also, I really don't know how a daily 14 mile "work commute" (round trip?) equates to 12-15k miles... that doesn't make sense.

In all, I pay a few hundred dollars a year. Likely less than the cost of spending a few days at the track (per year) and wear/tear on tires, etc.