View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #2139
PaulE

Yesterday I washed my 2003 S. Then I changed the wheels from the 17 inch with Toyo Proxes T1 Sports to the 18 inch with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 N3s. Since I put the 17 inch wheels and tires on I've been unable to drive the car over 70 without the steering wheel vibrating just enough to be annoying. These Toyo tires seem extremely sensitive to road surface, temperature tire air pressure and how much gas is in the tank! Sometimes the vibration is almost gone and sometimes it is a lot worse. My car isn't a daily driver, but I do try to drive it at least once a week and my commute is 60 miles each way. I'll drive it tomorrow and see how it feels with the 18 inch wheels and tires. If the it feels better, the Toyos will be gone in the Spring! And tomorrow I have a paintless dent guy coming to the office to take a couple of dents out of my rear trunk lid. He's done my daily driver and my wife's car already, so I'm ready to turn him loose on the Boxster now.
Attached Images

Last edited by PaulE; 10-18-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: iphone made pictures upside down!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote