View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 03:15 AM   #5
rfuerst911sc

I also have a GHL that I want to tone down. It sounded great on the 3.2 but did have some drone. With Jake Raby punching it out to a 3.6 and I will be running straight headers and cat delete pipes so I'm going to make an assumption she will be loud/drone. I like the GHL tips so I plan on installing inserts into the muffler inlets. My car is currently at Jakes so I can't get a measurement of the I.D. of the inlet pipes. Are the inserts you purchased regular steel or stainless ? I assume the " core " is welded to the " ring " and then the ring is welded to the ID of the pipe ? I'm also wondering if the inserts/rings can be installed further upstream ? Like at the joint between the headers and the rear cat delete pipes ? I'm thinking in the cat delete pipe itself just past the flange. I love the sound of the GHL just want to tone it down some. If you had to guess what percentage of a difference did you notice ? Would you say it's 10 % quieter or 50 % or ??? And she still sounds good when you get on it ? Thanks for the write up.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote