View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #368
Eric523
Boxster Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric523 View Post
There aren't very clear/good/complete rules when it comes to the rebuilds like you would find in Spec Miata or a class run by a more professional organization, unfortunately. So the term "stock spec" really covers most of your questions. At the least, we're trying to make sure everyone is using stock components.

We're supposed to be using stock Porsche pistons and rings. No aftermarket pistons/rings built to same size or anything like that. I have not seen limitations on valve jobs, other than the valves need to be stock.
It has come to my attention that my statement above has been cherry picked to support ones own personal thoughts and I just want to clarify...
A gentleman asked specifically about valve job rules and I replied above, that there are no specific rules in the rule book other than ''stock'', unfortunately. Some that wish to read into that assume that meant I would manipulate a valve job... that's not the case, just you hearing what you want to hear. It was a reply to a question specifically about valve job specifications.
As referenced just beforehand, a rule set like spec Miata actually has several pages about engine internal specifics, like posted below.
I did not say ''I have not seen limitations'' because I have exploited them, I said that because there are no posted values of limitations...

Short of buying new cylinder heads for every rebuild, there are modifications that need to be completed on any regular standard engine build. This is supposed to be cost controlled spec racing and engine rebuilding is part of it. There should be rules with values about plunge cutting and valve jobs and decking heads like any other reasonable spec but BSR is not at that level of precision, yet.

People will believe what they want... even with several independent dyno runs at several tracks back to back against other cars right out of qualifying. We know what the cars are running HP wise across the field because they have ramped up dyno testing and that is a big step forward.

Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote