View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #14
10/10ths
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

The road from Miata to Boxster...

...Well, Bought my Miata new in 1993. She was my only car for about 20 years.

I am not a high net worth individual, I can't afford a new Porsche. I have always wanted a Boxster ever since they first hit the market.

What other car provides a mid-engine, boxer configuration, power folding top with no manual boot to fool with, TWO trunks, and Porsche heritage?

I can't afford a 360 Modena.

So, I reached a point where I needed to replace the Miata this year, and Boxster prices have bottomed. When I found this 2004 Boxster S "50 years of 550 Spyder" Edition, with only 25,000 miles on her, I HAD to buy her.

As for the Merc SLK, doesn't do anything for me. In the end, the only competition was a ZO6 Vette, or some kind of classic car, or a resto-mod mid year, 63-67 Vette.

The Boxster just ticked all the boxes for me.

I don't like 911s. But I LOVE this Boxster.

Sending her to Jake Raby and Flat 6 Innovations seems like the best bet for a car that I wanted to keep forever. I DON'T want to buy another car again....Ever.

Between my three motorcycles and this Boxster, I'm satisfied.

One side benefit of buying the Boxster is that I joined the Porsche Club of America and my wife and I had a blast at the "Lone Star LeMans" Porscheplatz at COTA. It was our first trip in the car, and that seemed fitting. Being able to hang out with the President of Porsche and the race drivers and watching the car that won LeMans race was cool.

And having the support of this great forum is fun as well.

550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote