View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #12
leftfield6
Yeah, I've done that.

Garage
BIG PRICE DROP and UPDATES

I have not been actively pushing the sale on this car for a while now. Life has gotten crazy busy with a new job, and trying to finish up stuff at my old company. I have had time to do some things to the car, and have spent some money on a few updates, so let's bump this up with a new price and some new info.

Okay, price. $5250 with hardtop, $4500 without.
  • rear suspension has been completely refreshed. New control arms, new track bars, new sway bushings, new droplinks, struts, springs, brake discs, brake pads.
  • New outer rear CV boots on both sides, CVs are all in great shape.
  • Rear calipers repainted in Porsche red with new white Porsche lettering
  • Parts purchased for front end work, but not installed yet. Some parts new (inner and outer tie rods), and some purchased from a 38K wrecked Boxster that got crunched in the rear and was totaled. Those items include control arms, and an M030 front sway bar and droplinks. In addition I have new bushings for the sway bar. As listed in the original post up top, I do also have the 5K mile springs and struts from a 2004S for the front. Also have the new brake discs for the front.
  • Car now has Litronic headlights installed.
  • Now includes a custom fitteed outdoor car cover.
  • For a full price sale, I will also include a set of 18 inch Carrera wheels that will work with spacers for the rear. Wheels are in great shape with worn out tires currently mounted. Tires can be removed for easier transport.

After I did the rear suspension work, I had a four wheel alighment done. Rear lined up perfectly, with the all new bushings and parts, but the front he could not get into specs. Just too many worn out parts under there. But I have all the parts, just need to be installed and then re-aligned. I disclose this here so no one will be surprised by a front end that feels loose and "darty".

Looking to move this car soon. I start the new job on Monday, and will no longer have time for my car hobby.

Last edited by leftfield6; 10-14-2015 at 09:41 AM.
leftfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote