View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #10
Cebu

How tall are you?? I'm just a bit over 6' and there is no way I can reach that far down from the drivers side (you have a left side driver right?)

I have a couple questions if you don't mind:

1. Did you position the automatic flap cover upwards or set it back down while performing the procedure?
2. Did you remove any surrounding hoses (not connected to the AOS) so you can gain access to the bolts?

I didn't have access to a lift this past weekend so I thought I'd give it a look after reading your response. Maybe I'm missing a step to remove the AOS from above. It's not clear how I can remove the bolts without removing parts in the way.

This is what my engine looks like now. I'll be receiving my cable hose plier tomorrow from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
I'm tall and was able to do it all from the top. I reached the 2 bolts by leaning over the drivers side with a 10mm deep 1/4" drive socket. After I unhooked the 2 side hoses I just ripped it out without removing the lower bellows clamp. I used the new fancy clamp tool to put the lower clamp on. Easy project. New front engine mount next.

Dan
Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote