View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #5
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
I drive a 2004 base Boxster in PCA S-01 class. This is a stock class that allows you to use any of the tire/wheel combos available for that year. A 1999 Boxster in my class has the same wheel and tire diameter,and the same Potenza RE-11's, but his track is obviously much wider in the rear than my car. I believe he is using spacers to increase the rear track and get better grip. Would this not bump him into a modified class? He is a veteran auto-xer and consistently fastest in this class, in fact, faster than Boxster S models in S-02 class. I read the auto-x rules but this isn't specifically addressed. What do you guys think? I want to make sure there is an even playing field. Thanks for any insight given.
If spacers are not prohibited in your rules then he is running legally. The wider track might result in a .0005 second advantage on a 30 sec AX course. The rest is driver skill. Arrange a ride in his right seat to see where the differences lie.

Spacers are not allowed in SCCA Showroom stock but are allowed with limitations in PCA Zone 8 and I believe national Parade rules as well.

Last edited by Topless; 10-11-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote