View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Wintermute

Hmmm...you raise some good points. I'd honestly rather do everything myself for $ and learning purposes. I wasn't sure if $120 was reasonable for that kind of service or not. I could buy a lot of Klasse and Jett Trigger for that $, that's for sure. The biggest hurdles to all of this is time and facilities coming in second. I live in an apartment complex that has covered parking (already invested in a nice Weathershield cover), but no good place to detail my car.

However, my GF's father has a nice garage and an orbital polisher, so I don't have to buy my own right away and it gives me a good place to work. Plus he's a car nut (and loves my S ), so he has tons of tools and car care stuff that I can use if I want (though I'm going to buy my own stuff).

So with your advice on time and process, I think I'm just going to do this myself. I've already got the basic washing and waxing materials, plus I got a Mother's clay bar this weekend. Man, clay works wonders! There was a spot on the passenger side headlight "hump" that was so rought to the touch that you could HEAR your hand glide over it. 10 minutes with the clay and it's smooth as glass. I'm also using Meguiar's NXT Tech wax and it looks GREAT on the Lapis blue.

So thanks for the advice (and if you're ever in Tucson, feel free to detail my car! ). Oh, one more thing that didn't get answered. How often is advisable for the swirl remover?
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote