View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Perfectlap

Too bad your're in Arizona I'd do it for half that.
Log onto Autopia and post a thread saying your looking for a proper paint cleaning and swirl removal in AZ. 100% sure you'll get answer fast.

As for your current offer...
Well it all depends on how many hours they are actually going to put into it.
I can easily spend 3 hours washing, claying and buffing out swirls, sealing, glazing. Not to mention the interior! Most places can't afford to spend this much time on a car so they give your car about an hour and a half. Not worth $120 in my opinion, your getting a hurry up job. You've got to make time for your baby!

this is how long it takes a newbie (at a minimum)
1. 15 minutes to wash and dry (twice)
2. 30-45 minutes to clay (most important step)
3. 1 hour to swirl remove (you have to go SLOW moving a couple of inches at a time left to right SLOWLY this CAN NOT be done properly going fast)
4. 20 minutes to polish by hand with Klasse All in One
5. 20 minutes to seal with orbital polisher Werkstat Acrylic Jett or Poorboys EX
6. 20 ninutes wax (natty's blue for dark, FK pink wax on light) and FK 425 as a dust repelling final step.

If I were you I would pass on this $120 and put that money towards your Detail Fund to invest in a Porter Cable Orbital polisher from Lowe's $140 or coastal Tool $120 . Paying another guy that much seems like a waste, detailing supplies are expensive and one time of $120 is only good for ONE TIME. Using the PC is time consuming but you'll get your money back on not having to pay some guy $100 to buff your car.

If you already have an orbital polisher see if it uses velcro pads and buy some that you can keep. Poorboys SSR 2.5 is my swirl remover and Klasse All in One my polish/cleaner wax, Poorboys EX to seal. Dark colored cars love Poorboy's Natty Blue. Buy that stuff now and you can maybe rent the PC for you pre-winter electric polishing. In between now and then you can use the product by hand.

p.s.
If you sign up for the newsletter at detailcity.com you'll get a 10% discount which is nice on an expensive order.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-22-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote