View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
jdlmodelt

Garage
calling all insurance agents

I believe a few members are automotive insurance agents on here? My daughter was involved in a rollover accident that was initiated by a car that she was passing started to turn toward my daughters car. Legal passing zone. My daughter saw the car about to impact the passenger door when she looked over and she attempted to veer left onto the shoulder to avoid a collision and in the process, her car lost control and rolled once into the bar ditch. Since she averted a collision, and since the other person involved did not stop (not even to see if my two kids were okay), the insurance company is already questioning if there was another car involved before they have even seen and photographs, before they have inspected the car and before they have seen the police report.

My question, should I be asking for a different claims officer since the current one has already expressed a bias without even having any documents in hand except for the account I gave when filling out their online form?

One other piece. The State Patrol issued a traffic violation on Thursday night when the accident occurred and then called my daughter the following Sunday to ask if she had sent the traffic violation in with the penalty payment. We had not done that and he said not to turn it in but to return it to him and he was going to void the traffic violation.

Now the insurance is acting goofy like they need something else to blame her for in order to prove fault and jack up the insurance rates?

Any advice? This doesn't feel or sound right to me.
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote