View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #11
spinedoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforrest2 View Post

Yup, still haven't forgiven my parents for not letting me buy that yellow '70 Challenger T/A, 340 six pack, 4 speed manual with pistol grip shifter, flat black racing stripe, etc. Think of what that's worth today. Of course I was just a 16 year old kid and I probably would have killed myself in it. Instead, I got a '75 Fiat X1/9 and after all these years, still loving these mid-engine cars.
LOL….Yep. Had a '76 Trans Am with the 6.6 liter in it. That was a fun car…..you could literally watch the gas gauge drop when you drove it hard…..LOL.

I go back and forth. I like the Challengers..but I also like the Maserati Coupe GT's from the mid 2000's. Something about having a Ferrari motor and transmission is alluring. The problem is, reading up on them, seems that service is expensive…like, makes Porsche maintenance look really cheap, and the Maserati's from that era had a lot of clutch issues. Makes me a little leery, although someone just tried to sell me a 2006 Maserati Cambiocorsa with only 42,000 miles for 15k. Had to really think about that.
spinedoc is offline   Reply With Quote