View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
Gforrest2

Thanks, I thought I'd get flamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Beautiful car. Had it depreciated much since new or was it still fairly close to sticker, I have always wondered about the economics of used loud cars.
They depreciate with the best of them. The sticker on mine was just under $75k. Second owner bought for $60k a year later. I bought it for $40k, with 9,600 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc View Post
Although as much as I love my Boxster, I still have a penchant for American muscle cars. Hey, it's what I grew up with.

I'm thinking in addition to the Boxster, an SRT Hellcat Challenger is likely in my future. The thought of 707 hp is quite thrilling.

Beautiful Lotus though. 3.5 L V6 right????
Yup, still haven't forgiven my parents for not letting me buy that yellow '70 Challenger T/A, 340 six pack, 4 speed manual with pistol grip shifter, flat black racing stripe, etc. Think of what that's worth today. Of course I was just a 16 year old kid and I probably would have killed myself in it. Instead, I got a '75 Fiat X1/9 and after all these years, still loving these mid-engine cars.

And yes, 3.5 L V6 straight out of a Toyota Camry. Transmission is Toyota too. 276 hp, 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 162 mph top speed, and like our Boxsters, 28 mpg on the highway. And just a tad bit heavier at 3046 lbs.

And like my Boxster, I'll probably regret not getting the "S" which adds a supercharger boosting output to 346 hp.