View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
The Radium King

Cs? St? R? Rs? Rsr? Gts? Gt4?

so, if I've put a lot of energy into lightening my car, improving brakes and suspension, and lightly 'breathing' on my engine, what Porsche moniker would be the most applicable?

the early 70's had the 'ST', it was lightened and race prepped, but came flared and with a bigger engine. my car is not quite there yet.

then there are the RS and RSR cars. these are full-on race cars and, again, my car is not quite there yet.

there is the 'R' designation, first used in the late 60's for a stripped, race prepped 911. again, the 60's version was up-engined. however the latest recipient of the R moniker is the cayman, and in this version it keeps the same engine as its 'S' sibling, so this might be an option - 986 R.

there are the GTS and GT4 designations also used for the latest 981 cars. these seem pretentious to me as they allude to a class of racing that my car could not compete in.

finally there is the 'CS' or Clubsport designation used for the 968 and 964 cars in the early 90's. similar to 'R" cars, these are lightweight, track-prepped versions of their 'S' brethren, so perhaps another option - 986 CS or 986 Clubsport.

so whaddaya figger? Renn or Clubsport?
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote