View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
F18febe

I just had this same problem and I fixed it today. I bought a used door latch mechanism from Woody and I installed it today. There is a microswitch in the door latch mechanism that goes bad without warning. It took me about an hour to swap out the old part for the new one. It fixed the problem. The windows now roll down 1/4" when the door handle is pulled and they stay down until I close the door.

A word of advice, order new door panel clips from Pelican Parts before you tackle this project. They will break when you pull the panel off of the door. They get old and brittle. There are 8 or 9 clips for each door. I counted 9 but Pelican Parts says there are only 8. Regardless, you will want these so you don't have to pull the door apart again after having changed the door latch mechanism.
'04 Boxster S - Basalt Black, Fabspeed exhaust and sport headers, UD pulley, Pedro's Bluetooth, GT projectors, 18" Cayman S wheels, Evo cold air intake, IPD plenum, 74mm TB, Ben's SSK with ICT shifter boot, Fabspeed ECU Tune.
F18febe is offline   Reply With Quote