View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Perfectlap

Yes but none of those cars have gull wing doors. You'll get upstaged every time once the other guy shows up with doors like that!

Also, the cost of technology goes down over time. We all know this. I paid $435 for the first Amazon Kindle ever. Everyone thought I was retarded. But getting the Journal wirelssly sent to me every morning (3 years before the iPad) or listen to it while I worked (text-to-speech) simply reminded me that if you want the latest greatest you've got to pay the man who provides it. Ditto for my $100 MP3 player back in 1999 that held a staggering 12 songs. Now both of these things can be purchased for peanuts on Ebay. Electric cars and supercharges that give you enough juice to drive 50 miles in six minutes of charge time is the future. You can't stop that tide and people with means are going to want it. Musk is firmly in the driver's seat as the man with the first mover's advantage.

Must knows what he's doing. The educated wealthy have a high tech car now. Slowly over time we'll look back and see how crazy it was to throw money away on petrol just to drive our cars. It's like tossing out Energizer batteries every day just to use our cell phones. Can you imagine how many Energizer batteries would be in those landfills with the ubiquity of smartphones today? We should have been on electric cars decades ago, perhaps that would have spurred innovation necessary to find new ways of making electricity.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-30-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote