View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
Coffinhunter

Garage
Strong gas smell

Last Friday, 5 days ago, while getting gas, I was putting the nozzle into the car and a BUNCH of gas spilled into the gas door area. It didn't pool up, and went down the drain in the filling area.

Since then, when stopped and the car is running, a strong smell of gas is in the car. While driving it goes away. When I park in the garage for the night, I notice the smell if I go back out to the garage.

There does not seem to be any leaks. I took it to the shop, where they did a pressure test and looked for leaks and all was good. I looked in the frunk area, where the cabin filter is and could not really smell the gas. Of course I kind of smell it all the time now, thanks to my overactive imagination. Where the odor is the strongest is in the wheel well area, on the passenger side (US car, where the gas cap is).

Could the spilled gas be "trapped" someplace causing this smell to hang around? Does anyone have any other ideas?

The gas cap is tights, and it doesn't even smell that strong in that area. The car is also not throwing any codes.

As always, thanks in advance and this forum is the best!

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote