View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #12
DarkStar

Garage
My stupidity of speeding is my fault. Yes the 167 was on public streets, and I luckily didn't harm anyone or myself in the process. But it was only myself to blame.

Guns Kill People. Spoons make People Fat. The user is not at fault... yeah ok.

This is wreckless driving. Nothing more. Now if this was like the problem with the Prius and the throttle got stuck, then the manufacture is at fault. But I am positive the GT was sold even to Paul Walker with the warnings " please obey all traffic laws" like every car or bike is sold by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
But unlike "any" Ferrari or Lamborghini, the Carrera GT was never intended to be a road car. That was more of "accident" (pun intended) and Porsche had no choice but to scrap the race car project (with Footwork F1 engine) and make it a car show novelty attraction. When they did decide to sell this racing car to the public they had a simple decision to make about adding a traction control switch, particularly for wet weather, as Rohrl already made it abundantly clear to them that the car was a lethal mix of unpredictable and unforgiving. But they didn't listen and now they're getting sued. Seriously who is surprised by any of what has come since...

Sure but I don't think you've hit triple digits on a regular street. If you have, you might be insane.
And the Boxster, even the new one, or any Mitsubishi never made Walter Rohrl's face turn white.
Point being when you have a car with those terrifing characteristics that can hit 100 mph on a public street in an eye blink, it's quiet different
than doing 100 mph on the highway.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote