View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #10
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
But the GT is sold to the General Public... And its not a full blown race car. the 919 is a full blown race car. Its just like any other Ferrari or Lamborghini Sold to the rest of the public.
But unlike "any" Ferrari or Lamborghini, the Carrera GT was never intended to be a road car. That was more of "accident" (pun intended) and Porsche had no choice but to scrap the race car project (with Footwork F1 engine) and make it a car show novelty attraction. When they did decide to sell this racing car to the public they had a simple decision to make about adding a traction control switch, particularly for wet weather, as Rohrl already made it abundantly clear to them that the car was a lethal mix of unpredictable and unforgiving. But they didn't listen and now they're getting sued. Seriously who is surprised by any of what has come since...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
The wreck was done at around 100mph... I've done 140 Easilly in my Boxster, Its not a Race Car. I've done 167MPH in my Old Mitsubishi. Its not a race car. Toyota Supra's are well known for cruising speeds of 200mph, They aren't Race Cars.
Sure but I don't think you've hit triple digits on a regular street. If you have, you might be insane.
And the Boxster, even the new one, or any Mitsubishi never made Walter Rohrl's face turn white.
Point being when you have a car with those terrifing characteristics that can hit 100 mph on a public street in an eye blink, it's quiet different
than doing 100 mph on the highway.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-29-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote