View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
toonfan

Pls help -pulling my hair out now.

I've got a yr 2000 boxster S and found a puddle under the passenger seat which has submerged the alarm ecu. Car will start but doors won't lock just open themselves again and also windows won't operate. I've bought a new alarm ecu with same number hoping it would fix it which it did. I now have working locks and windows but of course car won't turn over because of imobiliser. What is the cheapest option pls to sort this as its killing me not having the car on the road now over a year.

Can I buy a full ecu and key set off another 2000 boxster S without tiptronic regardless of the numbers being same as mine asking as I change both ecu and transponders off keys ?

Can I have the data off my broken ecu read and flashed onto the new ecu I bought ?

Can I just buy a cheap universal central locking and electric window switch kit off eBay and use that ?

Pls only people that actually know answer as had a lot of advice and guesses from people who didn't and it's getting me nowhere.

Many thanks in advance and anyone selling anything I need above that would've awesome if it will fix the issue.

Last edited by toonfan; 09-29-2015 at 09:41 AM.
toonfan is offline   Reply With Quote