View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #1
Seadweller

New Member Ready to Buy a Boxster

Greetings!

New member, and really haven't had time to utilize the search function yet! I'm actually facing a time crunch, as I'm trying to surprise my wife, and will be looking at a '99 Boxster on Thursday. Unfortunately, I won't have time between now and then to do my own research due to business travel, and this opportunity came up pretty suddenly.

Anyway, I'm a Porsche guy with a history of ownership of 911's/Carrera's, but I know very little about the Boxster, other than the fact that it's a Porsche. With that said, I was wondering if the forum would be kind enough to put together a list of things I should look for on a '99 year model Boxster, aside from the obvious.

The car has under 60K miles, and one of the major issues that I've learned of, the IMS bearing, has been addressed with the update kit. It's a one-owner, garage kept car, all service has been done at the dealer, records are available, and the car is accident/paint-work free.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. My wife will use the car as a daily driver, so it won't be a garage queen. Also, are they pretty DIY friendly? The one thing I do wonder about is the power top, but with the mileage as low as it is, hopefully it's something I won't have to worry about.

Thanks in advance!!
Seadweller is offline   Reply With Quote