View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
luckyed7711

testing 2002-2004 non-return fuel supply?

I've been trying to educate myself on non return fuel supply systems generally and the Boxster system specifically. Found a lot of general info but only a smattering of specific info searching the Forum and Google.

I have an '03 S with 83K miles. I believe all models from 2002-2004 have the same non-return fuel system in common.

The Bentley manual states that "fuel delivery tests for non-return models (2002-2004) require the Porsche System Tester 2 (PST2) and are beyond the scope of this manual." Is this correct?

Answer: No this is not correct. The Bentley manual is wrong. Part of my objective in this post was to clarify this for myself and future DIYers.

As Timco stated in next post, there is in fact a port on the passenger side fuel rail, towards the front, which allows attachment of a fuel pressure gauge. The port consists of a Schrader valve so that when the cap (which is essentially just a dust cap) is removed, no fuel is released. For anyone buying a pressure gauge to test the '02-'04 system, this (Schrader) is the connection you will want.

The Bentley manual also states that the parts comprising the "maintenance free" non return fuel system, namely the pump, level sender, fuel filter, and pressure regulator are not available separately, but I noticed that the level sender ass'y. and the pump ass'y. are indeed apparently available separately from Pelican and other sources. So the Bentley seems to be in error here also.

I will elaborate on my objective and give some of my initial test results on a subsequent post.

Last edited by luckyed7711; 11-02-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: simplification, clarification
luckyed7711 is offline   Reply With Quote