Thread: Boxster V8
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 02:40 AM   #96
Nerv

Thanks for joining in the discussion GTA_G20 (and everyone else of course!)

I will share some shots of progress soon, we just need a little more time, we have a very important project to finish for a client that needs to be out the door before serious time can be put back onto the Porsche.

Hopefully after the first kit is out there it will bring in enough to warrant it getting priority over other projects but at this point it has to be considered a expense until proven otherwise.

Here is my scan of the transmission for 3D CAD purposes:

And the front of the engine bay:

The ABZ oil pan:

Once the modeling is complete the production will be relatively easy. I understand the speculation in regards to "Vaporware" but in my experience once you have a professional set of models/drawings, that is a large portion of the work, especially when you have you own CNC machining equipment and software that can machine toolpaths from the data directly like we do.

Accurate 3D scanning has really sped up the process for us and some of the work we have been doing for clients. I'm confident this project will be no different.

Now I know it isn't nearly enough, but it is proof we are working on this! Thanks again everyone for your interest.

This will be a clean professional kit when finished.
Nerv is offline   Reply With Quote