Thread: S s s s s s s
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
BIGJake111

Garage
S s s s s s s

I'll go further and defend the identification of a car as an S beyond tech advice.

We are all analytical German car owners. We're mostly detail oriented people. Even if someone is just talking about getting their key fob fixed, I tend to care about their car and the details involved.

There are so many varieties within boxsters that I always like to learn how each forum members car is different.

The colors, who has an s, who has a tip, who has this option or that option.

It's all interesting and in an enthusiast setting (particularly for Porsche German cars) the details matter a lot! If you take offense to someone having an option on their box that you don't then this isn't the place for you.

I comment frequently about my S and the 2.5 I used to own. Particularly when people are asking on what car to buy I'll leave my impression of both.

The good thing is one isn't always better than the other. Same as how a tip has its benefits to a manual so does a 2.5 to a 3.2.

And even better, they are each good for their own reasons. A 2.5 has a more exotic exhaust note and provides a more classic feel (particularly on 16s!.) while an S on 265 rear 18s is going to be an entirely different dynamic that is better in different situations.

Happy motoring, I never felt inferior when I had a base, and never feel superior now that I have an S.

The only time that I do get a little pissy is when I see a highly modded boxster in public that is made to look like an S but has only 2 radiators up front. That's not cool.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote