View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #15
pony13ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8 Pilot View Post
With all the cars I have owned and if no one minds my humble opinion.. I have tried many ways through trial and error and after many different waxes,sponges and cloths and everything else invented to man..here is what really works and takes away every bit of worry to give you the best shine.

This is what I do and the 986 will receive the same shortly as it IMO is the absolute sure way to protect your paint and get the shine you want.

First get a professional full detail including clay bar and paint correction.

Then get them to apply a 'minimum' of 3 coats of Nano Ceramic Coating.

The shine is jaw dropping and my car now never ever has a sponge or cloth go anywhere near the paint...no no swirls

When it needs a wash simply go through a quality auto brush less car wash that has a blower dryer...and it sparkles.

The Ceramic does not wear off and it protects the actual paint underneath from any of the somewhat harsher car wash detergents.

For some this might sound a definite no no..but the Nano Ceramic is that tough and good the detergents actually never touches the clear coat underneath.

The Nano might need a quick refresh wipe every year or 2 not because the Nano has worn off..but this just brings back the dazzle stronger.

Forget 2 buckets and sponges and cloth as there will always be a little bit of dirt or dust somewhere that will mar the paint as I have learnt.

My R35 had it as well and it was the same outcome.

Only my real life experience with some nice cars I have owned..and in this day and age I just don't believe that a car needs a bucket,sponge and a wax unless of course you get pleasure from personally detailing your own car which can be a passion and reward in itself.

Here's a pic of one of my cars after about 12 months with the Nano Coating that never had a hand wash or wax in that time.

WOW!!!! Looks awesome!!
pony13ca is offline   Reply With Quote