View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 10:26 AM   #20
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCactus View Post
Mark T - LOL So true my friend!!!

Giller - OMG Ottawa uses tonnes of salt on the roads all winter long and you mix the rain days with the salt and it because a solution of hell for our cars etc.... No way am I driving my car in the winter around here - it barely has traction in late Fall.
Traction in the fall? You need some new tires friend. People use Porsche's year round all over the world in all sorts of weather. The Boxster is actually a very good car for winter use - it's traction is excellent, with the right tires.

As for salt, I lived in Ottawa for many years and know the cold temperatures there made using salt ineffective. I'm not saying they don't use salt - but for much of the winter it's just too darn cold for the salt to melt the ice, so they sand it to provide traction.

Anyways...good luck. Not sure why you don't just rent a spot as myself and others have mentioned. You aren't putting gas in the car and you can reduce your insurance - that alone easily pays for the monthly cost.