View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #5
mikefocke

I suspect from the miles story the car is a multi-owner car or the owner's circumstances changed.

Some investigation of the recent maintenance of the car and the owner's motivation is suggested but it isn't a deal breaker to me.

Lets say the worst..that something changed re the owners and the recent lack of mileage can be verified. And the oil hasn't been changed that you can prove.

Play the game that you have read a lot about the effects of such and have to budget $2500 to replace the IMS because of the effects of a car sitting for that long with old contaminated oil.

It is all in the price you ultimately pay for the car and it's perceived condition.

Do a CarFax on it.

I just yesterday got a mailing from the local Porsche/MB dealer telling me I could trade my '01S for $7,100 on a new car. (I no longer own the car. Haven't for 3 years. Sold for $13.5k 3 years ago with 68k miles needing nothing beyond a top replacement.) Don't overpay, there are dozens out there. Make an offer, walk out the door and keep looking. He either calls you and you get your deal or you move on to the next car.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote