View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #10
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlmodelt View Post
If I remember correctly, placing a non magnetized screw driver tip on one side and then the other, you will notice one shielded side of the bearing is magnetized and this is the side of the bearing that has to go towards the speed sensor.
Hello jdmodelt, you are right!

The "urgent package" that I ordered from Pelican on Sunday that was supposed to arrive Tuesday night (so far), has not arrived yet... and yes, I called them Monday early am, and also on Tuesday...

However, last night with the door on the fingers (I am driving tonight to Laguna Seca with my wife) I decided to check the bearings using a thin metal ruler and one side of the bearing (the one with black color seal) was magnetic and the one with the red color seal was not... after a burning the midnight oil (literally, since went to bed at 1:30am) cleared the failure messages again with the Durametric an this morning my car was again running fine!.

Thanks for JFP for mentioning the reason why my ABS/PSM had failed, and also to you for letting me know about checking the magnetic side with a metal strip!

Now I am ready to (safely) go and enjoy Rennsport on my CS instead of my wife's V70... LOL

This place rocks!

Now, all I need is a chiropractor...
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote