View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
Retroman1969

Thank you for the compliments everyone!
It is indeed a new top. The old top was more dry and worn out than it showed so I just went for the whole thing to get the glass window.
The defroster has a wire coming off of it, but I have no switch to hook it up to. I'm going to look into adding one and making it active.
I'm just so thrilled to be able to see at ALL. The view is more limited but so much more clear than even the good plastic window in my weekender with no distortions, that it seems to balance out. And it's perfectly fine. The only limitation that I notice at all is that I can't see anything that's more than a few car lengths behind me because the window is narrower and set fairly low. But parking lots and ramps are where it really counts and it gives plenty of vision in those situations.
As a more shallow observation, I personally think the smaller more oval-ish window just looks classier and more classic roadster-like.

I'm sorry, I don't know the technicals because the shop had their own source for the tops, and they have such a reputation among the Porsche people that I trusted their judgement in picking the proper specs. Sure enough, it looks just like the factory tops.
I'll ask them or I can send their contact info for anyone that wants to find out all the details.