View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Benitom
1998 Boxster Owner

Thumbs up Pit Row - Santa Clara, CA - First Oil Change - Good DIY Shop

Did my first oil change this weekend on 98 Boxster - No biggy just wanted to share my experience at Pit Row - DIY shop.

Pretty straight forward - you have to sign a couple wavers using their lifts and tools. First time at the shop the owner walks you through how to use the lift and where the tools are located. There are some specialty tools available but they recommend Porsche owners bring their own specialty hand tools in case they don't have them. Brought in my own oil filter wrench, glad I did since they only have conventional oil filter wrenches.

The owner is an expert BMW mechanic from Germany. His knowledge of Porsche was impressive. Down to certain specs and of course reminded me I needed to use the torque wrench for the oil plug and filter cover. I came prepared with torque requirements embedded in my brain. If you live near Santa Clara, San Jose CA this is a great place to do work on your Boxster. He was impressed how maintained my Boxster was. I gave him a little history of the car and I left with a wealth of knowledge.

Any maintenance I dare to do myself I will definitely go back. On a side note...they prefer you bring what they call "a helper" but since I was just doing an oil change it wasn't a big deal I was by myself. May take my daughter next time to give her some car knowledge. I wanted to fill it out the first time out.
Benitom is offline   Reply With Quote