View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Reason I asked about the year and source is that 2005 and later bearings are not symmetrical (the can only be installed in one direction due to their use of internal speed sensor shutter wheels), and if they are installed wrong, you will get the exact codes you are seeing.

ATE makes a cheap tool used to test which side the shutter is on before installing the bearings:
JFP, Thank you!

It makes sense, I already ordered the ATE tool from Pelican, hopefully the FAG bearings I bought from Pelican are the right ones as I still have the two front ones (on their boxes)

However, the rear will get destroyed upon removal and if Pelican shipped the wrong bearings hopefully they will give me credit towards the right bearings.. we'll see.

As soon as I receive the ATE tool I will check the two new ones to determine if they are the right ones…

Now I am running against the clock as I am planning to drive to Laguna Seca (Rennsport Reunion) on Thursday night and my wife just told me "don't worry, we can always take my Volvo (V70)"
:ah:

Thanks again JFP, as I would be completely lost without your valuable comments!
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote