View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Hello JFP, the car It's an '07 Cayman S and bought the bearings from Pelican.

After reading your post ran to the garage where I kept one of the OEM bearing races that I removed and it's identical to the ones for the front wheels (also from Pelican) that I have not installed yet.

Note: After damaging one of the new ones on the rear (famous wrong moves..) I installed one that I found at the local NAPA (which I order by year & model) and it is the same bearing as the ones I got from Pelican (FAG P/N 805394C)

JFP, do you know if both of the rear speed sensors are connected into the same harness that somehow had a connector that got disturbed? Because once I installed the drive shafts but before installing the support braces and triangle I cleaned the passenger side suspension area because had a lot of nasty grim due to a previous AOS failure.
and on the base of the frame (where the suspension components and the braces attach) there was a fairly large connector that I covered with a plastic bag before spraying the surrounding area with engine degreaser, I was careful but if this is the only connector that I got close to during the bearing replacement…

I hope that I don't have to take the car to the dealer :-(

Thank you in advance for your comments!
Reason I asked about the year and source is that 2005 and later bearings are not symmetrical (the can only be installed in one direction due to their use of internal speed sensor shutter wheels), and if they are installed wrong, you will get the exact codes you are seeing.

ATE makes a cheap tool used to test which side the shutter is on before installing the bearings: