View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
cartagena

My First Boxster!!!

I am about to buy my first Boxster (not the Boxster S). I am presently living in a country where cars are about twice the price as they would be in the US due to importation taxes. A new 2006 Boxster here is equal to $85,000 USD. The model I am looking at is a 2006 that is 6-months old with 4000km. The price we agreed on is about equal to $75,000 USD.

What should I be looking at on this car for problems? I took it for a brief test drive and it seemed ok. Where I live there are also no Porsche dealers unless I tow it for about 16 hours. Is doing basic maintenance difficult? I have no problem getting my hands dirty as I use to work on cars a lot in my teen years. The car still has 18 months on the warranty as well.

Given the taxes this is a lot of dough to be blowing on this car but when I saw it I just could not say no. I am just very worried about needing to fix it and maintenance. I should have it delivered early next week. The only reason I do not have it now is my damn bank screwed up the wire transfer. There is a road very close by that has very little traffic and runs along the side of the ocean for about 100 kilometers. I just can't wait to take it out for the full test drive.

One other thing I was wondering, is what do people use for a spare tire? I would need something in the event of a blowout since calling a tow truck is something that would be very impractical.