View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #29
Retroman1969

I actually like it. It's a sexy looking car, although I don't care much for the scoopy bat mobile nose.
I'm guessing that this technology is going to happen. It's just going to take time. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.
The Automobile itself was once considered just a pointless expensive toy that would never amount to anything. How many decades did it take for them to become reliable, efficient, and mainstream?
PCs were big, clunky, slow, nearly useless machines that had less power than the clock on my Blue Ray player. It took decades to reach their full potential, and now I can talk to satellites and surf the net at lightning speed while taking 10.5 megapixel HDR pictures and video from my wallet-sized cell phone while it streams near endless hi-def music to my car stereo through Bluetooth. (Back in the 80s you could have never, ever convinced me any of that would be possible in my lifetime).
I'm not overly eager to see the big change, because like most enthusiasts, I like the sounds and mechanical feel of cars as they are today. But if it's going to happen I can only hope for exciting, well thought out products. Looks like Porsche is working hard on that and I'm curious to see where it goes.

(My apologies, I didn't intend on that becoming such a long rant).