View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #14
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
I've found radar detectors used independently are not effective against lasers. I brought my detector to use when I'm in Hawaii and realized they use lasers (Honolulu). As others mentioned use a combination of detector/Waze. Just be sure data from Waze are current before you start to drive over the limits.
My Valentine One caught the NJ State police lazer that was a few cars behind me going about 60. That distinctive lazer alarm almost never went off but sure enough it did this time and the BMW doing 90-100 mph in the passing lane next to me was clueless. Half mile up the road the trooper turns on his lights in hot pursuit of the Bimmer. V1 paid for itself right there.

To the OP, the V1 arrow system is best for precisely those ticket generating situations. If the motorcycle cop is behind you it will let you know that location the whole time. Waze is nifty I started trying it but relying on incomplete data as if the coast is clear when it isn't can easily become a habit.

I stick to the speed limit on the highway but on those small town roads the cops love following Porsches.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-14-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote