Thread: overheating
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #19
mikesz

Garage
Yes your car is running HOT. Before you do anything check to see if your coolant fans are functioning properly! I have a 99 had the same problem. above the fuse panel are the relays. there are four in a row for the front coolant fans remove them. Make a jumper out of a small piece of wire and with the car off put one end of the wire in the lower slot for one of the relays and the other end in the top slot for the same relay. You should hear you fan go on. do the same thing for the other 3 relays. if they all work then your fans are ok if not therein lies your problem. when I checked my passenger fan wasn't working at all and the driver side only on high speed. replaced them. Pedro's board has a good diy on how to replace them. after that car ran cooler but not cool enough. then I changed out my water pump, front engine mount and a low temp thermostat. I found my old thermostat wasn't working properly so you like I might have a few problems but checking the fans is very easy to do. Good Luck and use this and other Forums as a resource. there are plenty of us that have experienced the same pain and can help you!