View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #14
DarkStar

Garage
Finally got a lil time to hit up the computer to view this page. Been using tapatalk. The wires on my amp harness was "hacked" the same way. Which is fine. There are ways to T Tap them which is very bulky, you can skin the sheeth and solder in additional wires... As for adaptor harness plugs, I've yet to see one made for the Amp. Mine were soldered and heat shrink tubing applied to extend the wires to the floor board where I have a flush amp/crossover rack/false floor. Carpeted to the same black. Looks awesome minus the old amp I'm still currently using. When I do my new setup it will all change.

From the looks of your pics, you can fix all of that. Assuming you wanted to go back to the factory system. IDK why anyone would since its just worthless. 4ch Amps are becoming extremely small these days. If you want something clean and small to install for the components, get yourself a new Alpine Amp. Its about half the size of the stock amp. Cut off the rest of the plugs, remove some of the rubber sheeth, twist them, get some rosin and some .015 Silver Solder and use it to harden the tips... For a more professional install. Use a battery or something to locate which speaker is which, or maybe google will result in a pinout. Wire in the new amp and mount it in the factory location. Hell if you wanted, you could use the Stock Amp Mounting Plate, mount it to this and have enough room to have a decent sized fuse holder installed for the amp in a clean fashion.

Trust me you can make a clean install of a nice small amp look exactly factory. If you mount the new amp to the inside of the amp mounting plate like the factory amp is, the glow from the Alpine Square Light will look cool at night time. You wont really see its an alpine amp but you'll see a lil glow of blue. Will be Athletically pleasing.